トランプがクルドと欧州を切り捨て発言(笑) シリア戦について

日本人の大半は、最大限の対米協力をすることで自らの身を守っているつもりでいるが、将来切り捨てられることがないという宗教でも信じているのだろうか。今日のトランプ発言を見よ。あれもこれも全部、米国がやれやれ言ってうるさいから嫌々協力しただけなのに、そうした事実に対し何の配慮もなく切り捨てている。



Trump Defends Syria Withdrawal: "Time For Us To Get Out Of These Endless Wars"
by Tyler Durden
Mon, 10/07/2019 - 07:57
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/major-policy-shift-us-pulls-out-syria-ahead-imminent-turkish-invasion

Update: In a lengthy twitter thread where President Trump tried to explain his decision for allowing Turkey to essentially take over the US security role in northeastern Syria, Trump said on Monday that the US had lingered in Syria far longer than the Obama administration had promised.

He also offered some insight into his thoughts about abandoning the US's chief regional allies, the Kurds, to face the possibility of massacre by the Turkish military. While the Kurds "fought with us" they were also "paid massive amounts of money and equipment to do so." Trump said he held off their conflict with Turkey for three years, but "it is time for us to get out of these ridiculous Endless Wars, many of them tribal, and bring our soldiers home."

"WE WILL FIGHT WHERE IT IS TO OUR BENEFIT, AND ONLY FIGHT TO WIN," Trump added.

The United States was supposed to be in Syria for 30 days, that was many years ago. We stayed and got deeper and deeper into battle with no aim in sight. When I arrived in Washington, ISIS was running rampant in the area. We quickly defeated 100% of the ISIS Caliphate,.....
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 7, 2019

....including capturing thousands of ISIS fighters, mostly from Europe. But Europe did not want them back, they said you keep them USA! I said “NO, we did you a great favor and now you want us to hold them in U.S. prisons at tremendous cost. They are yours for trials.” They.....
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 7, 2019

.....again said “NO,” thinking, as usual, that the U.S. is always the “sucker,” on NATO, on Trade, on everything. The Kurds fought with us, but were paid massive amounts of money and equipment to do so. They have been fighting Turkey for decades. I held off this fight for....
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 7, 2019

....almost 3 years, but it is time for us to get out of these ridiculous Endless Wars, many of them tribal, and bring our soldiers home. WE WILL FIGHT WHERE IT IS TO OUR BENEFIT, AND ONLY FIGHT TO WIN. Turkey, Europe, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Russia and the Kurds will now have to.....
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 7, 2019

...figure the situation out, and what they want to do with the captured ISIS fighters in their “neighborhood.” They all hate ISIS, have been enemies for years. We are 7000 miles away and will crush ISIS again if they come anywhere near us!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 7, 2019

That's the administration's most comprehensive statement on the decision so far, though we expect many other senior officials will weigh in over the next day.

* * *

In a major policy shift that abandons nearly a decade of American policy in Syria, the White House announced late Sunday night that US forces in northern Syria would step aside to allow a planned Turkish offensive. The decision follows late-night haggling between President Trump and President Erdogan, who had threatened a "land and air" offensive "as soon as today or tomorrow."

In a last-minute phone call yesterday, Erdogan and Trump agreed to meet in Washington next month to discuss Turkey's uneasiness with Washington and its ability to do what is required according to an agreement between the two countries about security in northeastern Syria.

Instead, a few hours later, the Trump administration released the following statement shortly before midnight. The administration reportedly refused to clarify whether the remaining US troops left in Syria would be withdrawn.

Washington said it would also turn over all captured ISIS fighters to Turkey after their home countries refused to take them back.

"Today, President Donald J. Trump spoke with President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey by telephone. Turkey will soon be moving forward with its long-planned operation into Northern Syria. The United States Armed Forces will not support or be involved in the operation, and United States forces, having defeated the ISIS territorial "Caliphate," will no longer be in the immediate area.

"The United States Government has pressed France, Germany, and other European nations, from which many captured ISIS fighters came, to take them back, but they did not want them and refused. The United States will not hold them for what could be many years and great cost to the United States taxpayer. Turkey will now be responsible for all ISIS fighters in the area captured ove the past two years in the wake of the defeat of the territorial "Caliphate" by the United States."

As of last month, the US still had 1,000 US troops in northeastern Syria, CNN reports.

Turkey already has substantial military assets positioned along the boarder with Syria, and more troops were seen heading toward the border over the weekend, according to reports in Turkish media.

Unfortunately, Turkey's No. 1 target in the region isn't the remnants of ISIS (which Ankara tacitly enabled by turning a blind eye to foreign soldiers crossing into Syria). Instead, the Turkish operation is intended to destroy the Kurdish militia, the People's Protection Units - or YPG - or at least move them away from the border with Turkey, where Ankara fears they are offering support to domestic Kurdish groups that Erdogan has labeled "terrorists."

This represents a major foreign-policy win for Erdogan. Washington's support for the Kurds as their closest ally on the ground in Syria was the only thing stopping Turkey from moving against the Kurds. Now, Washington has effectively abandoned its long-time ally.

Turkey's primary justification for moving into the region is that Washington hasn't done enough to establish "safe zones" along the Turkey-Syria border. These were intended to be areas jointly patrolled by the US and Turkey. Now, Washington is apparently leaving the project to Ankara.

For a long time, Washington believed that allowing Turkey to attack the Kurds in the region would undermine the battle against ISIS. But now that the caliphate has been stripped of its territorial possessions, the Trump Administration apparently feels like the Kurds have outlived their usefulness.

Never mind that by abandoning the Kurds, Washington is sending a clear message to North Korea, Iran and anyone else hoping to bargain with the US that Washington cannot be trusted to hold up its end of the bargain.

Remember, former Defense Secretary James Mattis resigned late last year over President Trump's plans to pull troops out of Syria (at Erdogan's behest) partly because he felt it would be tantamount to selling out the Kurds.

イギリス政府が経済制裁の過ちを認め、イランの銀行に損害賠償金を支払い

おいこらイギリス、米国の対イラン制裁に反しているぞ!(笑)

米国の制裁を回避するような送金方法って、ロシアが用意した仕組みでしょ。英仏独は早速入金したと伝えられていた。



UK Dodges US Sanctions to Settle Iranian Bank's $1.6bn Damage Claim – Reports
01:45 06.10.2019
https://sputniknews.com/business/201910061076971697-uk-dodges-us-sanctions-to-settle-iranian-bank/

Britain reportedly used a third country to avoid US sanctions as it settled a £1.25 billion damages claim with Iran’s Bank Mellat.

Bank Mellat, where the Iranian government owns a 17% stake, sued the government over British sanctions imposed in 2009 that prevented it from doing business with the UK’s financial sector, with the settlement reached only in June 2019 after ten years of negotiations. Bank Mellat argued that the UK’s actions “substantially damaged the bank's reputation” and led to the loss of profits, customers and access to international banking services. The bank originally sought £3.2 billion ($3.9 billion) but this fell to £1.25 billion ($1.6 billion) with interest.

The Supreme Court ruled in 2013 that the sanctions were illegal and the government’s response was irrational and disproportionate.

The payment was made through a third country to evade US sanctions, which have in effect cut Iran off from the global financial system. The US reimposed sanctions on Bank Mellat along with other Iranian entities in October last year.

Iran's Ambassador to London Hamid Baeidinejad confirmed on Friday that the UK government has made the payment to the Iranian side, describing the procedure as an important legal success for the Islamic Republic of Iran.