レバノン:闇の携帯GSM通信ネットワーク事件(続報)

前の記事。レバノンの記事なので、文字数が多いだけで意味がよくわからないのだが(苦笑)。

(1つ目)この件で守勢に立たされているハリーリー派は、中国から贈与されたGSM設備は、Ogeroオジェロという民間企業が所有しており、通信大臣は閣議決定を経ない限りOgeroに対して直接命令する権限を持たないと主張しているよう。違法なのは国内治安部隊(ISF)ではなく、むしろ大臣であると。

末尾(下線部)に妙なことが書かれている。レバノンで通信傍受できるのは、レバノン軍諜報部、国内治安部隊の情報部、ヒズボラの3者のみである。

ヒズボラにも軍警察と対等な権限が与えられているんですね。そういえば、こんな記事があった。
関連記事:ヒズボラが独自の光ファイバーを設置

(2つ目)通信大臣の発言「第3世代GSMが、通信省の知らぬ間に立ち上げられていて、国内治安部隊がOgeroの協力のもとで運営していた。通信省が査察できない状態にあった」。

(3つ目)パス。

(4つ目)mmorningなのでやたら長いが、ヒズボラとは別組織を作っているシーア派の高僧が、イスラエル・スパイとして軍諜報部に逮捕された。

(5つ目)この非合法に稼働していたGSMの加入者は1万7千人もおり、レバノン政府の知らぬところで、イスラエルを含む国内外の人が利用していた可能性がある。

電波はレバノン・シリア国境の北側にも届き、トリポリに中継局があるので、シリア沿岸部のグループとレバノン国内の橋渡しをしていたと考えられる。フランス、トムソン社製の機器を追加すれば、ヒズボラの電話網を盗聴することすら可能になる。



Politics - Hobeish absolves Rifi and Yousssef of Telecom incident [National News Agency Lebanon]
http://business-video.tmcnet.com/news/2011/05/30/5541972.htm
May 30, 2011

(National News Agency Lebanon Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) NNA - 29/05/2011 It is legally forbidden for any equipment to be taken out of Telecommunications Ministry unless cabinet decreed it, stated Future Bloc MP Hady Hobeish, during an interview on New TV Sunday, in defense of Ogero CEO Abed Mhenim Youssef and Internal Security Forces Director General Ashraf Rifi.

On 26 May 2011, caretaker Minister of Telecommunications, Charbel Nahhas, along with armed bodyguards and a TV crew from the Free Patriotic Movement's OTV attempted to enter the second floor of the state-run telecommunications operator Ogero building in Adliyeh-Beirut to dismantle GSM telecommunication equipment donated by the Chinese government. Rifi ordered the Information Branch of the ISF to protect the equipment based on a request by the management of Ogero who, by decree from the Lebanese Council of Ministers, is responsible for operating and maintaining the equipment. The caretaker minister and his entourage left the building without gaining access to the equipment. Minister of Interior Ziad Baroud resigned on the same day because of continuous challenges to his authority by caretaker minister Nahhas who had been withholding the release of sensitive telecommunication data needed to investigate criminal activities in Lebanon, particularly the kidnapping of seven Estonian tourists. Rifi's actions were considered by 8 March coalition and the Free Patriotic Movement as a military coup, while they were lauded by March 14 coalition for upholding the rule of law and preserving state institutions.

'Youssef did not stop Minister Nahhas from entering the floor, and an ISF unit carried out its duty in protecting said floor which was under authority of Ogero,' explained Hobeish, noting that Nahhas has no authority over Ogero, since it was an independent institution both financially and managerially. He also confirmed that actions of Rifi were legally valid.

The MP revealed that, 'There are 3 agencies that can monitor calls in Lebanon: Army intelligence, Information branch of ISF, and Hezbollah. He concluded that the cabinet did not decree the launching of a third telecom network.



Nahhas: Employees Banned from Inspecting 3rd GSM Network

http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/7213-nahhas-employees-banned-from-inspecting-3rd-gsm-network
by Naharnet Newsdesk
30 May 2011, 08:09

Caretaker Telecommunications Minister Charbel Nahhas said that the telecom ministry employees in Beirut's Adliyeh building were banned from entering the rooms where the equipment donated by China were located.

Nahhas told As Safir newspaper on Monday that "Ogero officials changed the magnetic card codes that are used to open the doors."

The minister noted that Ogero's General-Director, Abdel Monhem Youssef, is holding the new cards to himself.

"The ministry was unable to check the third GSM network that the Internal Security Forces' Information Branch was operating in cooperation with Ogero without the knowledge of the ministry, for unknown reasons," he said.

Nahhas confirmed that he filed an official complaint to the government commissioner to the military court against ISF chief Maj. Gen. Ashraf Rifi and whoever turns out to be an accomplice in the "armed disobedience" and "rebellion" against orders by Caretaker Interior Minister Ziad Baroud to clear the building of ISF members.

"We are waiting from the general prosecutor to work on the issue," Nahhas told the newspaper.



Houri: Nahhas wanted to give telecom network to Hezbollah
http://www.yalibnan.com/2011/05/30/houri-nahhas-wanted-to-give-telecom-network-to-hezbollah/
May 30, 2011 ⋅ 12:37 am

The back and forth accusations between resigned Telecommunications Minister Charbel Nahhas and Future Movement over Thursday's incident don't seem to be coming to a halt any time soon.

Future Movement MP Ammar Houri told Future TV on Sunday that Nahhas intended to give the telecom network found on the second floor of the Telecommunications Ministry building in Adliyeh to Hezbollah.

Houri also said that he will ask Nahhas about "huge financial scandals" regarding the ministry during Monday's meeting of the Media and Telecommunications Commission.

Nahhas and Ogero

Nahhas said on Sunday that Ogero's Director General Abdel Monem Youssef "is a liar and is wanted by the Lebanese army."

"Youssef is a rebellious employee," Nahhas told New TV, adding that Youssef had now "escaped" from Lebanon and is in possession of "cards" relating to devices found on the second floor of the Telecommunications Ministry building in Adliyeh.

"We registered a complaint in the military court so that the authorities take [appropriate] measures regarding the witnessed rebellion."

The devices on the second floor of the ministry's building in Adliyeh, which are not currently being used, will be transferred and used for the benefit of the Lebanese people , he also said.

Youssef's "claims" that Ogero rented the second floor in the ministry's building in Adliyeh from the Telecommunications Ministry are not true, Nahhas added.

"The devices on that floor are the property of the Lebanese government which is represented [there] by the Telecommunications Ministry."

On the other hand Ogero's Director told New TV on Sunday that he will return to Beirut from France on Tuesday, adding that he traveled after Nahhas signed a vacation form on May 20 granting him a 15 day vacation.

Youssef also said that he is in France to undergo simple surgery, and voiced surprise over suggestions that he has left the country and is "not coming back."

Addressing Nahhas' MP Michel Aoun, Youssef said "I tell Aoun, there is no need for a summoning warrant. If the Lebanese judiciary wants to summon me, I am at its disposal."

Youssef also denied accusations that he is in possession of magnetic keys to devices found on the second floor of the Telecommunications Ministry building in Adliyeh.

"It is not true that I have magnetic keys. I hope Aoun provides proof of that if he has any," he also said, adding that the whole issue should be left to the judicial bodies to look into.

Aoun said earlier on Sunday that Youssef had traveled and voiced doubt over whether the latter would return to Lebanon. Aoun also said that a warrant to summon or arrest Youssef must be issued.

On Thursday, Nahhas said in a press conference that Internal Security Forces (ISF) units had illegally occupied a building owned by his ministry in Adliyeh. The Lebanese army was handed the building on Friday.

Caretaker Public Works and Transportation Minister Ghazi Aridi told LBC television on Sunday: "Because of what's happening today in the country, we must be ready for anything," adding, "We are heading toward chaos."

Aridi commented on Thursday's Telecom ministry incident blaming it on mismanagement at the ministry : "I don't disagree with resigned Telecommunications Minister Charbel Nahhas, but there is a correlation between 'will' and 'management'."

Aridi said that Nahhas had no right to act the way he did, adding that the telecommunications minister should know how to be a good manager.

Dr. Ziad Ajouz leader of the Free Nasserite Movement described Nahhas' plan to dismantle the Ogero telecom station as a militia action. Ajouz said Nahhas was accompanied by Hezbollah gunmen to dismantle the OGERO station that is being always guarded by the internal security forces. Ajouz said that Nahhas got the password Wednesday from Hezbollah chief Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah.



Baroud steps aside amid broil over telecoms
http://www.mmorning.com/ArticleC.asp?Article=9227&CategoryID=2
2011.05.30

It was to say the least a bizarre spectacle. A minister prevented from entering his own ministry; the command of a security organization which takes exception to the decisions of his superior; police subjected to contradictory directives and instructions in an incident that almost erupted into clashes ; accusations over the functioning without authorization of a third mobile telephone network. Observers said it was an indication of a rudderless state without a government.

The problem had been simmering for several months, but erupted on Thursday into open discord when caretaker Telecoms Minister Sharbel Nahas tried to gain access to a building belonging to his ministry and having equipment which China had donated to Lebanon in 2007, a gift the Council of Ministers agreed to accept.

According to Nahas, some "400 armed men" of the intelligence service of the Internal Security Forces (ISF), who prevented him from reaching the building. He was accompanied by several Telecoms functionaries of the premises housing the equipment in question. After a violent altercation with men of the ISF, Nahas left the scene "to avert a clash" between members of various security personnel present.

Shortly afterwards, he held a press conference in which he accused the ISF of "fomenting a coup d'état".

Nahas told the LBC TV station that the building housed a third mobile phone network that was "operating without authorization", and that was the reason he had gone to the building.

He accused the ISF of not obeying the law, still less the orders of the Interior Ministry under whose jurisdiction they were He explained that members of the ISF intelligence service had taken up positions on the second storey of the building on May 21 "without legal authority", stressing that Interior Minister Ziad Baroud had not been informed of this at the time but that he had that last Thursday he had ordered the ISF members to evacuate the building.

Following the incident on Thursday, Baroud said he would give up his ministerial responsibilities after being unable to enforce the law.

Baroud told reporters at the Interior Ministry that his failure to enforce his authority over "some directorates" falling under his prerogatives was behind his decision to absolve himself of his ministerial responsibilities.

"Since I do not want to turn into a false witness… and since I refuse to act as a caretaker whose duties are limited to signing the [ministry] mail… while my authority over some directorates is merely a paralyzed legal text…I free myself of this position", Baroud told a news conference, adding that he also refused to take sides between Lebanon's rival political camps.

The minister's news conference followed a refusal by ISF chief Major-General Ashraf Rifi to order ISF members to evacuate the building in question.

Later on Thursday, President Michel Sleiman requested caretaker Justice Minister Ibrahim Najjar to task State Prosecutor Saïd Mirza to investigate the ISF's refusal to evacuate the building as instructed by Baroud.

The Intelligence Branch of the ISF, to which the ISF men in the building belonged and which is under the jurisdiction of the Interior Ministry, has long been the focus of political acrimony between Michel Aoun, leader of the Free Patriotic Movement – a component of the March 8 camp – and the Future Movement, part of the March 14 camp.

Aoun, who is battling with President Sleiman to guarantee that the Interior Ministry falls within his share of ministers in the new government, has accused Baroud on several occasions of failing to put an end to "violations" by the Intelligence Branch.

For his part, caretaker Prime Minister Saad Hariri – head of the Future Movement ― said he had "no problem" with the judiciary with letting the judges address what he called the attempt by Nahas to "take control of the third telecommunications network from [state] legitimacy with no legal justification".

A statement from Hariri's office said the Prime Minister wanted to see the judiciary "determine the reasons why the Telecommunications Minister overstepped cabinet decisions, and the party to which Nahas [a member of the Free Patriotic Movement] wants to deliver the third network, outside the knowledge and control of the Lebanese state".

Hezballah urges Syrians to back President Assad
(省略)

Former Lebanese general appeals against tribunal order
(省略)

Shiite cleric arrested for 'spying' for Israel

Lebanon's military intelligence bureau has arrested a top Shiite cleric known for his opposition to Hezballah on suspicion he was spying for Israel, the state-run news agency reported on Tuesday.

"Military intelligence officers last Saturday arrested the head of the Arab Islamic Council Mohammad Ali al-Husseini on charges he was conspiring with the Israeli enemy," the National News Agency reported.

Husseini, a Shiite cleric known for his staunch opposition to Syrian- and Iranian-backed Hezballah, was arrested during an army raid on his home in the southern coastal city of Tyre, it said.

The Arab Islamic Council is a small group of Shiite Muslims whose aim is to "reclaim Shiite decision-making from those who have hijacked it in the name of our confession," or Hezballah, according to its mission statement.

More than 100 people have been arrested on suspicion of espionage since April 2009, when security forces launched a crackdown on Israeli spy rings.

The suspects include telecom employees, high-ranking members of the military and active duty troops.

Six men have been sentenced to death on spying charges since 2009, including one found guilty of aiding Israel during its devastating 2006 war with Hezballah.

But none of the death sentences have yet been carried out.

Lebanon and Israel remain technically in a state of war and convicted spies face life in prison with hard labour or the death penalty if found guilty of contributing to Lebanese loss of life.

Beirut pro-Assad rally swamps vigil for Syria dead
(省略)



Conflict, "contacts" with the Lebanese branch of information .. Bridge Mobile is illegal with the Syrian coast and eavesdropping on the evolving resistance
http://www.aksalser.com/index.php?page=view_news&id=aeccadfcc72e191f7ceb905d231b70c5&ar=746678202
Monday - May 30 --2,011 - 6:47:48

This time will not end scandal of the cellular network in the third suspect official Lebanese had been operating outside the authority of the State for the benefit of the Information Branch to "wrap up" the traditional way, so that its implications go beyond the issue of exposure to the Minister and threatened him with a strong force of this section or contravention of the Director General of Internal Security Forces Maj. Gen. Ashraf Rifi Help and Interior Minister Ziad Baroud, and because the suspicions hide a mountain of scandals, security and spyware.

It was reported that there was a tendency for the Lebanese president, "Michel Suleiman," Interior Minister Major-General to refer the country to the judicial investigation for violating orders, respectively gunpowder and Solomon elements branch to withdraw the information from the second floor in the building of communications. But the judge asked Mirza to advance a claim in order to move on the basis of justice.

According to the "al-Watan," the local Ministry of Communications in the process of preparing Daoyen judicial and administrative proceedings against the Director General of the Ogero AY on the back of his rebellion against his direct boss Woods plots and distortion of facts.

What triggered the dispute between the Ministry of Communications and the leadership of the Internal Security Forces, the feet of General Rifi on demand from the branch of information dissemination is a superpower beyond the 400 component heavily with modern weapons in the building of the Ministry of Communications of justice on Friday in the twenty-seventh of May, without any legal justification, While the book of the Director-General of the Ogero upon which the country of his move this, submit it to the security forces on Saturday, after 24 hours of the decision rustic, note that the responsibility to protect government buildings are exclusive to your embassy security, which moves only at the request of the Minister .

Ironically, prior to this incident set the technical teams and expertise in the Ministry of Communications Broadcast Network Phones anonymous and the operator and the source under the name «Ogero Mobile» or LBN Ogero code name for the network cellular third place doubts around it has been working for nearly two years in a way ambiguous, without any justification legal, and without the knowledge of the ministry, which raised suspicion and enjoined to question him again up to the decision of the Minister of Communications lose what is happening in a building owned by him administratively, the ministry does not Ogero or any other entity.

It was found that users of cellular communication system is illegitimate and completely unknown number had approximately 17 thousand, with what that meant the possibility of conducting domestic and international communications (an Israeli!) Outside of any official control.

It covers the airing of these system-Syrian coast from the northern side of the borders of the Lebanon-Syria through the station to send and relay supplied in the city of Tripoli, which means that there is a security apparatus for the Lebanese stayed bridge a cell with groups unknown in the Syrian coast, with raises the questions of synchronization with the plot aimed at Syria, which is in no small part of which rely on modern technologies and social networking sites.

There are suspicions about the possibility of the existence of a trap telephone calls sophisticated (listening) from making French (probably from the brand Thompson) was put into service on the newly illegally, which is dictated by this act wicked branch of the information so it came to the feed arms in the Communications Minister and the delegation facilities. It is assumed that this device, if proven, listening to the Lebanese from outside the rules of law, aimed especially the telephone network for b «Hezbollah» and resistance.

And waited and the Ministry of the Interior more than two years for receiving telephone calls center objection, which was established by decision of the Council of Ministers, at a cost of almost 20 million dollars, although the Minister Baroud was eager for this project. And it turned out, despite the receipt of the ministry center before about 6 months, the Brigade rustic and the President of the Information Branch of Colonel Sam Hassan refused Qonnp tapping or intercepting telephone calls, to knowing that the limitation of tapping in a single center would be imposed upon legal restrictions and Sevqdahma access to all data communications for all Lebanese at all times and over twenty-four hours, as opposed to the law 140 and the essence of that wire exception not the rule.

"レバノン:闇の携帯GSM通信ネットワーク事件(続報)" へのコメントを書く

お名前
ホームページアドレス
コメント